Thursday, December 16, 2010

Loving the New

So, as I (Janelle) was sitting at work one day, I got a text from Ryan. He had to work that night and so I had asked him if he had been able to get any rest in. He responded saying he couldn't get to sleep, so he decided to make us a blog! Of all things to do with his time... haha. So here I am trying to figure this thing out- we are both completely new to the blog world!


Speaking of new, it seems we have had lots of "new" things going on. We are in a "new" location-- Boise, Idaho. We moved after I graduated in July and Ryan now attends BSU- he is definitely a dedicated Bronco :) Okay, so he is working on it, but he will always truly be a BYU-I Viking at heart. 


We both just started "new" jobs. Ryan works part-time as a Patient Safety Attendant at a nearby hospital and I work as an RN at the Ada County Jail (that's a story in itself, and, by the way, I'd prefer you refer to me as "Deputy Fredrickson").


We are loving our "new" ward. Ryan serves in the Elder's Quorum Presidency and I am in the nursery. Ryan has been able to play on the ward soccer team and has really enjoyed it! He is really great at it too! We have made several great friends in the ward and have been blessed to have great leaders and a friendly ward family.


Every day brings something else "new," but at least you've got a little update now! We are loving the holidays and counting down the days until we get to travel back to Shelley and see our family and friends who we miss like CRAZY!!! 


I'll see if I can figure out how to add some pictures of a couple things we've been up to.


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!



Our very first Christmas tree- a real one!





 We threw an ugly sweater Christmas party where everyone built gingerbread houses! 





These are our friends' adorable babies! Check out the size difference! Rootsy is on the left and Robby is on the right. Rootsy was born 2 months premature and is about 3 months now. Robby is about 6 months and is well known for his extreme muscle mass :) So cute!




Just FYI: none of these fabulous mansions were made by Ryan and I. Our skill could not be portrayed on our blog... (we actually never finished ours... pretty sure it had a crash landing!)


Us in our ugly sweaters 


I came home from work to this beautiful rose- super sweet of Ryan. It seriously is perfect! This is a real picture!

So there you have it-- our first blog post!

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! Keep going. I promise there will be people who read it. I love the pic from the sweater party. I really wish I could have been there.- Lindsie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world! Looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete